SIGMA GROUP a.s. concentrates on researching, developing and producing mid-size, heavy and one-off specialized pumps and pumping sets for industrial applications.
product lines in all areas of industry
countries with the installation of our pumping units
tradition longer than 150 years
Ludvík Sigmund, a craftsman, establishes a pumping company in Lutín. He starts with the production of wooden stand pumps and water mains. The company develops rapidly and hires its first employees.
Jan and František take over the company from their father, the founder. Metal processing and the production of metal pump parts are launched. The company acquires a reputation in the field of well drilling and water supply structures.
Registration of the trademarks „SIGMA“ and „Neptunův trojzubec“ (Neptune's trident). A year later, electric drive of the machines is introduced; workshops equipped with modern machining technology. In 1924, a branch office opened in Prague.
The 1930s saw domestic and foreign expansion of the company and the introduction of a number of innovations in the production programme. The company SIGMUND PUMPY employs 650 workers. Using many patents, the legendary production line of NAUTILA submersible pumps, designed for deep and drilled wells, emerges. The production of the domestic waterworks range, the DARLING brand, expands and the company focuses on the supply of waterworks, mining and industrial pumps of all designs. In agriculture, the company gains a significant position thanks to the powerful REVOLT and RAKETA irrigation equipment.
The Sigmund family establishes a new company, CHEMA, based in Lutín. The modern production plant focuses on research, the production and sale of protective equipment against gases used in war and means of anti-aircraft protection. The production specialises in filtration equipment and breathing filters for gas masks.
SIGMUND PUMPS LTD is established in England, with branches based in London and Newcastle, focused on the production of motorised fire extinguishers for the British Home Office and the London Fire Brigade. The production programme of the British affiliation was expanded in the war years with another series of pumps based on the „Lutín concept“.
During World War II, with the director and co-owner Ing. Jan Sigmund executed by the Gestapo in 1942, the company in Lutín was confiscated by the German Reich and extensively rebuilt for the production of weapons components intended for tanks, submarines, aircraft and automobiles.
With the company being nationalised in 1945 and transformed into the state-owned company SIGMA PUMPY, the construction of new production halls in Lutín was started with a view to specialisation in the production of industrial pumps. The development and design background of the company expands.
SIGMA CONCERN is established, uniting all pump and valve producers in what was then Czechoslovakia. The plant in Lutín is renamed SIGMA Lutín, national enterprise. The Pump Research Institute is established – a new organisation focused on research and development of pumps for the entire concern.
The company's centenary is connected with the introduction of the production of submersible sludge and draining pumps. Cooperation with the English company CRANE Ltd. started, aimed at the licensed production of mechanical seals. A rapid development of foreign trade occurs, especially in the markets of Central and Eastern Europe, North Africa, the Middle East, Central and South America and South-east Asia.
SIGMA Lutín begins to focus on comprehensive deliveries of investment units in the field of pumping technology. The first prototype of a unique diagonal vertical pump, the 1600 BQDV, designed for cooling circuits of power plants.
New-design pumps for conventional and nuclear energy are introduced into series production. These are mainly feed pumps in articulated and boiler versions, as well as boosting and condensate pumps.
As a result of the political changes in Czechoslovakia, the state-owned property undergoes the process of privatisation; SIGMA CONCERN is disbanded. An independent state-owned enterprise, SIGMA Lutín, is established, which aims to consolidate the company's assets in Lutín for the planned privatisation. Technically demanding feeding and boosting pumps for nuclear power plant units with an output of 1000 MW are manufactured.
After nearly 50 years, a private pumping company – SIGMA Lutín a.s. (joint-stock company) – is established in Lutín. The collapse of the Soviet bloc brings the need for restructuring and closer specialisation of the company associated with the orientation to new markets.
Major organisational restructuring of the company completed. The joint-stock company SIGMA GROUP a.s., with its registered office in Lutín, is established as the parent company of a holding company associating more than a dozen development, production and business companies focused on pumping technology. Development work begun to create new flood protection units.
Organisational changes in SIGMA GROUP a.s. Holding aimed at the division of the product structure between the plants in Hranice and Lutín.
Deliveries of pumps for the primary and secondary circuits of Units 3 and 4 of the Mochovce VVER 440 MW nuclear power plant, Slovakia.
Delivery of boosting, feeding and cooling pumps for 660MW conventional power plant units in Ledvice, with supercritical steam parameters.
Production of KDX3 pumps with an emergency boric acid replenishment function for the primary circuit of Units 3 and 4 of the Mochovce VVER 440 MW nuclear power plant, Slovakia.
Extensive reconstruction of the company's premises in Lutín completed. Certification as per the ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 3834–2 systems. Definitive transfer of the production of consumer pumps from Lutín to Hranice.
Significant achievements on the Polish market. Deliveries made for the Opole, Jawozno, Turów, Kozienice and other power generating units.